Mix No. 56
This issue features the trend forecast for Spring / Summer 2021 (Part 1). MIX is now available as a printed magazine or as a digital version.
Mix Magazine is a unique publication which will help guide you through not just the new trends but also help readers understand the trend gathering process, focusing on key industry and social drivers, plus a look at the way these trends will be disseminated into the mass market by early adopters.
Mix magazine is the leading design journal for interior, architecture and industrial design. Since its inception in 2004, it has carved a successful niche as one of the only design publications focusing on colour, design and material trend forecasting.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MAGAZINE:
- Social Trends: Inspiration behind the trends split into key areas; geo-political, philosophical, cultural and also looking at colour theory.
- Industry Drivers: In depth focus on the technological, material and business developments that drive and shape trends.
- Mix trends forecast: An in depth look at future trends 2 years ahead of season that will influence colour, materials and design.
- Colour Now: Analysis of the early adopters of Mix trend stories for the previous season, looking a year in advance.
- Exhibitions: A round up of industry exhibitions with an emphasis on events and highlights plus the schedule for the year ahead.
- Insight: Exhibition reviews, industry interviews, material analysis, industry and technology updates and business profiles.
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Features and essays exploring the drivers behind this issue’s forecasts
- 46 pages of in-depth trend and colour and material analysis for SS 2021
- Early adopters of our AW 2020/21 trends
- Key messages from Milan Design Week
- 8-page lighting focus
"Looking forward to SS 2021, our two new trends for this issue are Factory and Reverie. While our last trends Gorge and Dome (AW 2020/21) reflected a mood of dystopian despair, we see emerging shoots of optimism for 2021. There is still an element of fantasy here, but with a more thoughtful, romantic and, dare we say it, hopeful approach."
- Trend Drivers SS 2021: New ideas and inspiration behind this season's trends
- Mix Trend Forecast SS 2021 PART 1: Trend themes include Colour palettes, Colour proportions, Materials, Nuances & Graphics
- Trend 1 - FACTORY
- Trend 2 - REVERIE
- Colour Now: Focus on lighting
- Trend trajectories: charting the development of certain ever-popular motifs over the centuries
- Number of pages
- Each issue about 130-140 pages
- Issues per year
- Publication schedule by month
- 30,5 cm
- 22 cm