Mix No. 59
This issue features the trend forecast for Autumn / Winter 2021-22 (Part 2). MIX is now available as a printed magazine or as a digital version.
Mix Magazine is a unique publication which will help guide you through not just the new trends but also help readers understand the trend gathering process, focusing on key industry and social drivers, plus a look at the way these trends will be disseminated into the mass market by early adopters.
Mix magazine is a design journal for interior, architecture and industrial design. Since its inception in 2004, it has carved a successful niche as one of the only design publications focusing on colour, design and material trend forecasting.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MAGAZINE:
- Social Trends: Inspiration behind the trends split into key areas; geo-political, philosophical, cultural and also looking at colour theory.
- Industry Drivers: In depth focus on the technological, material and business developments that drive and shape trends.
- Mix trends forecast: An in depth look at future trends 2 years ahead of season that will influence colour, materials and design.
- Colour Now: Analysis of the early adopters of Mix trend stories for the previous season, looking a year in advance.
- Exhibitions: A round up of industry exhibitions with an emphasis on events and highlights plus the schedule for the year ahead.
- Insight: Exhibition reviews, industry interviews, material analysis, industry and technology updates and business profiles.
IN THIS ISSUE:
Increasingly we are finding that macro trends are focused on our collective concerns and anxieties. There’s a danger with trend forecasting that these themes start to feel tired, instead then, we must interpret the new ways in which designers and creatives are expressing these concerns. In this issue, story development and evolution are key, there is also an unwavering prescience here, clearly visible in both our design stories, Cloister and Web (AW 2021/22).
If one clear response to existential threat is hedonism, the other is a deep dive into spirituality. Cloister is about making each moment count, celebrating time and the freedom of impermanence over acquisition and status.
An invisible chain of connections and interconnections interweaves our collective experiences, influencing world events, the way we interreact and muddying the perception of what is real and fake. Web explores the growing awareness of cause and effect that looks set to feed fresh global disquiet.
In addition to the trend drivers that give context to our forecast, design editorial and interviews, this issue also features special focus on 2020’s spring shows as well as a brand new series, Colour Icons. Our Colour Now section takes a look at the early adopters of our AW 2020/21 stories Dome and Gorge.
- Features and essays exploring the drivers behind this issue’s forecasts.
- 40 pages of in-depth trend and colour and material analysis for AW 2021/22
- Early adopters of our AW 2020/21 trends
- Colour specific interviews and our brand new series, Colour Icons
- 16-page special focus on 2020’s spring shows
- Number of pages
- Each issue about 130-140 pages
- Issues per year
- Publication schedule by month
- 30,5 cm
- 22 cm