Mix No. 61
This issue features the trend forecast for Spring / Summer 2022 (Part 2). MIX is now available as a printed magazine or as a digital version.
Mix Magazine is a unique publication which will help guide you through not just the new trends but also help readers understand the trend gathering process, focusing on key industry and social drivers, plus a look at the way these trends will be disseminated into the mass market by early adopters.
Mix magazine is a design journal for interior, architecture and industrial design. Since its inception in 2004, it has carved a successful niche as one of the only design publications focusing on colour, design and material trend forecasting.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MAGAZINE:
- Social Trends: Inspiration behind the trends split into key areas; geo-political, philosophical, cultural and also looking at colour theory.
- Industry Drivers: In depth focus on the technological, material and business developments that drive and shape trends.
- Mix trends forecast: An in depth look at future trends 2 years ahead of season that will influence colour, materials and design.
- Colour Now: Analysis of the early adopters of Mix trend stories for the previous season, looking a year in advance.
- Exhibitions: A round up of industry exhibitions with an emphasis on events and highlights plus the schedule for the year ahead.
- Insight: Exhibition reviews, industry interviews, material analysis, industry and technology updates and business profiles.
IN THIS ISSUE:
With a less frantic approach to life and less commuting and travelling, it’s noticeable that many have enjoyed the space to be that little bit more cerebral. Consequently, this issue is full of ideas that, in the hustle and bustle of reporting on shows and new events, may not have made it into the final cut.
There has never been a driver like Covid-19; it has affected every corner of the Earth and this is a global connection that needs to be acknowledged. In this issue we have truly come together. So, we look forward to 2022; the hope is that a vaccine or effective treatment for Covid-19 will release an epic explosion of pent up creativity, a key driver for our story Goddess (along with a healthy dose of feminine wisdom). Much has been made of the positive effects on the environment that calling a halt on travel has precipitated and we are convinced that there is much more to explore here, hence Custodian, a calm, centred response to the shockwave effects of the pandemic, focusing on recalibrating values and seeking out a fairer, more inclusive society.
Also in this issue
- Features, essays and interviews exploring the drivers behind the SS 2022 forecast
- 40 pages of trend and colour and material direction and analysis
- Global colour palettes and regional variances for Europe, Middle East, South Africa, North America, Latin America, Asia, India, Australia & New Zealand
- Early adopters of our SS 2021 directions Clarity and Alice
- Colour innovator interviews
- Class of 2020 graduate focus
- Number of pages
- Each issue about 130-140 pages
- Issues per year
- Publication schedule by month
- 30,5 cm
- 22 cm