PANTONE SkinTone Guide
The PANTONE® SkinTone™ Guide, the first scientifically based guide for matching and reproducing lifelike skin tones in a variety of industries.
The guide will help take some of the guesswork out of the color correction process by providing a defined system for reaching skin tone color targets, saving time and eliminating costly mistakes. More than 1,000 human skin measurements were collected from participants across a diverse range of ethnicities and age groups.
Based on these measurements, Pantone established an accurate skin color space and created the PANTONE SkinTone Library, which defines the 110 most reproducible colors.
The SkinTone Guide features 110, 4,5cm x 17cm pages, each dedicated to its own SkinTone shade for more accurate visualization. All pages include a small circular cutout so users can hold the guide over the particular skin sample being matched, easing evaluation and improving accuracy.
From print, packaging and healthcare to fashion, cosmetics and toy production, the SkinTone Guide will help companies produce more authentic products in a broader skin tone range.
- Photography: photo retouching
- Toys: dolls and action figures
- Cosmetics: base creation or product matching
- Cosmetic Sales Channel: great tool for cosmetics channel with independent sales representatives (i.e. Avon, Mary Kay)
- Fashion: underpinnings and foundation garments
- Medical: starting point for prosthetics matching
- Graphic Design / Printing / Packaging: collateral & packaging that show realistic skin color