PANTONE FHI Color Specifier & Guide
315 New Colors added in March 2020!
Combining the portability of the FHI Color Guide with the added utility of the Specifier, the FHI set is the perfect solution for colors on the go and in the office. The Color Specifier houses all 2625 FHI colors in tear-out chips allowing accurate color communication with clients and suppliers.
Both books are in the TPG (Textile Paper-Green) format.
Urban View only sells the latest editions of Pantone Color Systems so purchasing via us, you will be guaranteed to receive the latest available version of an authentic Pantone product. For a limited time you can order the supplement including only the 315 colors launched in March 2020.
What do the suffixes TPG, TPX, TCX in the Pantone Fashion Home + Interiors -color system mean?
TPG/TPX and TCX - suffix simply tells you whether it is a color produced on paper or cotton.
- TPG = TEXTILE PAPER GREEN (launched in 2015 with environmentally friendlier pigments)
- TPX = TEXTILE PAPER, EXTENDED RANGE (launched in 2003, no longer in production and outdated)
- TCX = TEXTILE COTTON
Is there a difference in the Pantone textile system colors between the codes TP and TPG/TPX?
Yes, there are differences between the colour systems. The letter G (=GREEN) at the end tells it is a colour from the latest system, updated in 2015 with new colors added in 2020. The TPG suffix indicates more eco-friendly formulations.
The letter X at the end tells it is a colour from the EXTENDED RANGE system, updated in 2003 and no longer valid or in production.
If you are still using the TP or TPX system, you should update to TPG as quickly as possible.
In March 2020 Pantone added 315 new on-trend commercial colors to the Fashion Home + Interiors (FHI) system. The new colors include 70 shades of blue, 50 shades of pink and the other nearly 200 colors from other groups fill in the gaps that the previous system lacked.
New colors have been strategically selected to reflect current and future color influences across fashion, home furnishings, interior and product design worldwide.
• Colors are reflowed by color family
• Every product will have the same new chromatic alignment
• All color additions since 2012 incorporated
Cotton & Paper Products | What’s New? What’s Improved?
• 315 New Market Relevant Colors: New Colors will be added to all Fashion, Home + Interiors products
• Cohesive New Packaging
• New Chromatic layout: Each product will be re-flowed to match the new chromatic alignment, done by color family
• Large TPG sheets name changed, Now known as ‘Large Paper Swatch’